Fun Bingo Trivia FactsGolden Bingo Family
Every Tuesday we play a little bingo trivia game on our Golden Bingo Family Facebook pages. Our questions vary from bingo history to rules or local knowledge. If you want to join our bingo trivia, but are not sure of the information on bingo history, here are some bingo trivia facts that can help:
- The game was originally known as ‘beano’ in the US, and was renamed ‘bingo’ when an overly enthusiastic player was so overcome by his prospective win that he shouted ‘bingo’ instead of ‘beano.’
- The name ‘beano’ came from the fact that the game was previously done by covering the numbers with beans, since no multi-colored daubers were around in the 1930s.
- Bingo was originally used by the Germans as a way to teach children number (the multiplication table) and history.
- Americans spend $90 million on bingo cards alone per week.
- To keep bad luck at bay, superstitious players go around their chairs three times before sitting down.
- Studies have shown that bingo is actually good for our brains! One study concluded that people who played bingo fared much better at certain mental activities than those who did not play the game.
- Women who are named Margaret win in bingo more often than women with any other name.
- Finally, bingo players agree that they get pretty irritated when someone calls a bingo that turns out to be false. So give your numbers one last check before shouting them out!