Healthy Egg and Sausage McmuffinMelanie Tawil
This Healthy Egg and Sausage McMuffin is a healthier copycat version of the McDonald’s Sausage Egg
McMuffin – it’s a delicious weekday breakfast with fewer calories!
Prep Time – 20 mins | Bake Time – 20 mins| Level- Easy| Serves – 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 eggs
- 6 cheddar cheese slices
- 6 English muffin
- 1 lb Ground chicken or turkey
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a large bowl mix together ground turkey, fennel, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Form 6 patties.
- Preheat 1 tbsp olive oil over med-high heat and then add patties to the skillet, cooking for 5 minutes per side until sausage patties are
cooked all the way through.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast English muffins in a toaster, then add cheese slices to the bottom of muffins. Remove sausages from heat and add
them on top of cheese slices on muffins.
- Wipe the frying pan clean with a paper towel, then spray with cooking spray and turn heat to med-low. Crack eggs into egg rings, ensuring
that the rings are firmly touching the bottom of the skillet so eggs maintain a round shape (see link above for egg rings), then break the yolk.
- Cover skillet with the lid and cook eggs for about 4-5 minutes or until eggs are firm, then add on top of sausages and top with remaining
English muffin buns. Serve and enjoy!